Sunday, April 3, 2016

Butterfly House

Whoever does the research for this blog should be fired.  Last week photographs of quilts were mistakenly said to be in the Hemingway house.  WRONG!!! They were in the Audubon home.  Whew, I certainly feel better now that I corrected her mistake.  There will be strong words, shaking of finger, and stamping of feet going on the next time I see her (in the mirror)!

It was Thursday, March 17th that we went to the Butterfly House in Key West.  My photographs do not do it justice (my new camera does not have a rapid fire option - or if it does, I haven't found it, yet), but I will post a few of them for you to see - with a caveat.  The Butterfly House was small and very crowded with both butterflies and people.  Our guide tried to give us a tour, but other visitors want his attention also.  As a result, he was distracted from what he was saying by the questions of others, I was too far away to hear him anyway, and as a result, I can't tell you the names of the butterflies. 







Don't strain to find the butterfly in the next one as it's merely a photo of a lovely blossom.


This is not a butterfly, it's the wonderful, huge  cecropia moth.



At the end of the "tour", we were given free packets of common milkweed which made up for any disgruntlement I may have felt about missing out on information.  

I just hope the chipmunks won't like milkweed!



1 comment:

  1. I hope they don't like it either. The butterflies and probably the bees would like some for themselves!

    ReplyDelete