We spent the post-walk morning moving fragile items from the top of the bookshelves in the family room. The workmen are getting close to doing "things" on/to/around the walls shared with the family room so it seemed expedient to get moving on this task. Our thought is to do a little bit each day until the job is done. The only problem is that since we also plan to have the family room painted . . . That means there are many days of "little bits" yet to be done.
Top that off with the usual conundrum of where to put all the "things" that call our family room "home", and we are looking at more than just a day or two of desulatory, haphazard work. I still plan to give the job a morning's worth of work on a daily basis. That way I can still work on the quilt and painting.
Which worked for me today. D went off to have lunch with a colleague, and I spent the afternoon at the sewing machine working on the quilt-currently-in-progress. By 5:30 I was ready to stop, but I wanted to complete the task of taking all the threads to the back of the quilt before quitting. In order to make it more fun and also to get an idea as to how much I did today, I counted the threads. When all was said and done, today I counted approximately 45 threads.
Now I know for sure that work is being accomplished. It's always nice to have proof!