Monday, January 15, 2018

Basic Black Sweater vs the Sweater Stone

Several years ago I finally knit myself a "basic black" sweater that was really black.  Well, almost really black.  Maybe more charcoal gray.  But anyway, I bought the yarn because of that color and because of the texture of the yarn.  It was soooo soft!

And therein lay the rub.  The softness means that the garment doesn't hold a shape; it is lovely but in an amoeba-like way.  Soft and warm though it is, that yarn will not show up in my stash again.  Using the "Large" option was no help either.  What was I thinking?

Also, I should have known when the owner of the store suggested I buy a sweater stone.  A what?  Here's what the back of the box says, "A natural pumice like stone that . . . pull(s) and remove(s) those irritating pills and balls . . ."  As I said, I should have known.  Never has my closet been inhabited by a garment with such a collection of "pills and balls".

Here's the sweater now after Sweater Stone treatment (the puff ball on the right is the result of the treatment):


I rest my case.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need a sweater stone. It may be loosey goosey - but I do like the color and it's got to feel great if it's as soft as it looks!

    ReplyDelete