Monday, October 31, 2011

Oops! and Must-Do Projects

Well, I guess I'd better be careful about what I write!  That blog about the beauties of an October snowfall and how it wouldn't last?  BIG mistake!  Please accept my apologies (Nancy's laughing again!).

This weekend I spent a lot of time organizing my projects and trying to clear out some old magazines.  Actually I did pretty well.  I find that quilts that I thought were wonderful and worthy of making 4 -5 years ago don't appeal any more.  I still like traditional quilts and intend to make many of them (I'd better given the size of my stash!), but the big block, easy quilts just don't call to me.  After making all of the Farmer's Wife blocks, my taste has turned to slightly more intricate work.

Anyway, I've spent the last two days cutting out various and sundry smaller projects for the holiday gift-giving.  I am determined to get these things made before I turn to projects that are calling my name.  If I don't do it this way, those gifts will join the UFOs languishing in a heap somewhere.  

Do you have the same issue?  Projects you want to do but a pile of "have to do's" sitting smack dab in their way?  Let's agree that we will clear the deck by sewing the gift items (or whatever else is on your "must do" list) starting today.  Face it, it isn't so much that we don't want to do them, they just don't have the same pull because they usually aren't to our taste.  Let's get them finished as quickly as possible.  We'll feel much better and will be able to go on to our fun projects with a sense of well-being and pride.


No comments:

Post a Comment