Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Clutter Control Update

David tells me we are almost finished with all the various Christmas boxes from the basement.  I find it hard to believe, but he has taken 4 trips to Good Will so he should know!  There are two boxes for Rebecca to sort through, and I have thrown away bags of old, ratty, not-worth-dusting "stuff". 

Now before you get all excited and drive over to pat us on the back, here is a photo (taken today) of the top of my piano:


It's hard to see what's there, isn't it?  Don't worry, just for you, just so you can appreciate the contents of this photo, I've taken two close ups.  Look carefully, and I won't be offended if you start counting. 

Left side
If you are counting, you might want to mark the piano lamp as your stopping point for this photo.  Right side coming up . . .


How many did you count*?

All right, before you break into whoops of laughter, pause and reflect.  Ask yourself, "How many Santa's did she have before the Great Sweep?"  Then think, "This is only the top of the piano . . . !!!"

Really, all joking aside, it's so much less than we had.  Also, you need to realize that in order to sort through everything, everything had to be taken out, dusted, cooed over, memories exchanged, and well, then each and every thing had to be displayed. 

Makes sense to me! 

*Tune in to the next blog to get the final count of Piano-top Santa's. 

1 comment:

  1. I should have known when I had reservations about your house cleaning that there was plenty to spare. I don't feel so bad now that I didn't follow your example. (Nice photos)

    ReplyDelete