Monday, December 12, 2011

"Music of the Night's" Return: Update

Some of you may not remember that the finalists in the McCall's Quilt Design Star Contest had to send the last quilt to McCall's in Golden, Colorado.  After the announcement of the winner, I waited for the return of my quilt and began to become a little uneasy.  Eventually I e-mailed our contact at McCall's and was told they were taking more photographs and the quilts would be returned shortly.

At least that's what I thought the e-mail said.

As more and more days passed, I became more and more anxious about the fate of my quilt (we all know about the local woman whose prize winning quilt was sent to a magazine but never came back) but managed to convince myself that I should wait until a month had passed since the end of the contest.  During this period, my friends would frequently ask if "Music" had arrived yet and would commiserate with me about the inexplicable delay.  They were all as flummoxed as I over why additional photos would be taken since I was not the winner.  What were they doing to my quilt?  What were their plans for those photos.  In short, what nefarious plan were they hatching? 

Finally, December 9th, the one month date, arrived, and I got ready to check for a phone number for the McCall's contact.  For some reason, I decided to reread the original e-mail that contained the explanation for the delay.  It's a good thing I did for when I read it carefully, I found more information than I had the first time I read it.  The message actually stated that the photographs of the quilts were being color-corrected as the photos are to appear in the May/June 2012 issue of McCall's Quilting (as our neighbor said, "Yeah, probably postage stamp size!").  The quilts would probably be sent back the second week in December which starts today.

So now I can smack my head for not reading carefully and then hang it sheepishly for imagining the worst.

Nefarious plans, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I'll still wait a little nervously. I won't buy my plane ticket yet to go to McCall's to start a protest movement.

    ReplyDelete