Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Painting Day

Tuesdays are the days when I have my painting classes; and they have become one of my favorite days.  Now, I know I said I would show you the entire series of my last painting, the Green Bottle, and I will.

But I do have to tell you that I started a new painting today, and I am very pleased.  This one is of a small section of Canyon de Chelly so, as you can imaging, it's mostly rock.  Do you remember the photo of the Canyon wall that I showed you way back?  I just checked, and it was on August 24th.  Now, you may know that rock isn't easy to paint; there are so many colors and the textures . . .  wow.  Anyway, I am liking what I have done which is to paint my impression of the rock.   What the colors seem to be.  Hey, it's fun, and I think it's working.

So any way, here's the Green Bottle from beginning to end:
Beginning
Second Day
Green Bottle appears
The Green Bottle finished
While I don't seem to be able to get these photos arranged as I would like to, at least you will be able to see all four at one time. 

I'd love to hear from you and an easy way to do it is simply e-mail me.  Let me know what you think about the Green Bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment