Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Quilts Ready for Mailing!

It's a Banner Day!  All three quilt labels have been sewn on, and the quilts are ready to go.  As I sewed, I thought about the labels I used to make.  They were hand-drawn with a motif appropriate for the quilt and hand lettered with great care (did you know that for art students there is actually a class called "Lettering" which is required for freshmen?  Or there used to be.  Not my finest hour!).  Anyway, those labels took almost as long to make as the quilt.  Which is why not all of my quilts have labels (even though I really, really think labels are important!).  This label fabric by Timeless Treasures is a life saver; do buy it and use it.
 

Since I am sending these quilts to youngsters, sending books to go with them is a no brainer for me.  The "Wonders of the Deep" special edition of Life magazine will go with "Liquid Assets on the Loose", of course.  The coloring book is for the younger of the two little girls who are receiving the fairy quilts (though she's just 18 months old, she has to get something), and the alphabet book is for her older sister.   



I believe children can grow into books just as they can grow into clothes.  Hopefully, the little ones will like their packages, but I think their parents will be more interested than they will.  After all, what's exciting about a blanket?

Doesn't matter.  I loved making these quilts and thinking of the three little ones snuggled under them wrapped in my love.

1 comment:

  1. I think the little girls will LOVE their quilts because they have fairies on them - and what little girl doesn't like fairies? And books -- you can never go wrong with books! They unleash the imagination!

    ReplyDelete