Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Words of Wisdom and Binding

You'd think I'd learn by now, but clearly, it has - once again - taken family and friends to knock (though quite gently, I must say) some sense into my little pea brain.  If you're wondering what I'm talking about, think for a minute what you would have said to me after reading yesterday's entry, and then, read the comments on that entry.  What wonderful people I know; to you who took the time to try to point out the obvious, thank you!
 
 The magic in those words made me float through the day, and I finished binding both fairy quilts!  It must have been because I felt more relaxed, and I realized that what gets done gets done and what doesn't doesn't.  It's not a big issue.  What is important is, as I have said before but needed reminding, family and friends.  Even my painting teacher wrote and said that she's stopped beating herself over the head because she isn't painting regularly.  She said she is busy making gifts and baking and both of those activities are definitely creative, too.  Same kind of message, different approach. 
 
No photos of the quilts because although I used the same technique as I did on "Liquid Assets on the Loose", the result isn't dramatic.  This time the binding was not a solid color; it was multi-colored swirls of purples with silver forming the curlicues.  The thread I had chosen matched the swirls so the decorative stitch I had thought to use simply got lost on the material.  I still used an "embroidery" stitch but a far more simple one.  It's pretty because of the binding not the stitch, and that's okay by me (besides the simpler stitch went faster).  Tonight I wrote on the labels (fabric printed with labels - another grand time saver!), tomorrow I will cut them out, and then hand stitch to the back of the quilts.  When that is done they will be ready to take to UPS. 
 
I think that will call for at least one glass of wine - maybe two.

1 comment:

  1. Sit back and relax. You've got a lot done!! That trip to UPS is going to make you feel a whole lot better!

    ReplyDelete