Monday, September 2, 2013

A Knitting Blog Entry and Incidental Photographs

Okay, everyone, drop your sewing and head over to www.martinimade.com and check out the August 20, 2013 entry.  It's about some mittens that were sent to the author of the blog for charitable purposes.  The beautiful ones made by Alice from Manchester are the ones I want you to see.  I've mentioned to some of you several times that my sister-in-law Alice is an incredible knitter who lives in Manchester.  Yup, she's the one who donated the prettiest mittens . . . and I have mittens she has made for me.  Who's the lucky one now, eh?  Way to go, Alice!

Today was Labor Day so no labor was done (that always confused me when I was young) on the addition, and I have no photographs for you to check out.   Not of construction anyway.  But I finally got around to downloading these from my phone.  They were taken during a visit to the Boston area because I was so taken with the subject, the shapes, and the colors.  Then I felt there was a painting here somewhere.  Now I'm not so sure, but they tickle me in any case.


Oh, and what literary character did this display remind me of?  That's an easy one that even a child will guess (hint, hint).


Enjoy the rest of your long weekend, and if you're reading this on Tuesday, September 3, have a good day wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. I think the candle holders are pretty - and are those weed smoking bongs in front? Interesting places you go!

    ReplyDelete