Sunday, September 22, 2013

More on Construction

In the week since I last wrote about our construction project, a lot has been done.  First of all, thanks to the wonderful weather we've had, the men have been concentrating their energies on the outside.  The inside of the house can be done at any time, but things like siding and roofing can be done only when it's dry weather.


D and I second-guessed ourselves several times in choosing the siding color, and that's quite unlike us.  However, we had selected a gray that, after seeing it on another home, we felt was too light.  The original color of our house was "Pewter", a light gray with brown undertones, and no one believed us when we said our house was gray.  This time we wanted it to be obvious to all.  On top of that, our next door neighbors recently took off their blue siding and chose - you guessed it, gray.  So we selected a gray two shades darker than the first one we chose and hoped the samples were accurate.  They weren't, but we both like this gray very, very much and it isn't the same as the neighbor's.  Whew!  By the way, all the windows you see here are new, and we love them, too!


Back to the studio.  It is all drywalled and taped.  Ceiling lights have the cans in (all 14 of them!), floor registers in place, outlets set, and outlet for cable and phone ready.  Below you can see the man who works on the taping applying a second coat.  Love his stilts, but I'm glad I don't have to use them!


And here is the only art work I've completed in quite a while.  In case I haven't described it in an earlier entry, it is a study that began as a simple pencil drawing on regular drawing paper.  Then I decided I really needed the water color practice including trying out some of the tricks of the trade (in this one, using a sponge to apply paint - I'd used a sponge before but to remove paint in the background of the peppers painting).  Then I reasoned it would also enable me to work on light-on-glass.  So here are four garlic chives in a glass vase.  I did go in and touch up the blossoms with some ink when the paint was dry, but it's a study not much more.






1 comment:

  1. I think you did a great job on your study! I loved the simplicity of it. And the house - what can I say? Exciting stuff!! Before you know it you'll be relocating the sewing/painting stuff !!

    ReplyDelete