Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Surprises along the Way

Yesterday I didn't take my only opportunity to snap a photo of our new front door light so I did today.  Do you see the surprise in the picture?  I knew it was there but refused risk another day without sharing the new lantern.  It may seem like a small thing, but you have no idea how much I disliked the original one!

                                                

Here is the back of the garage with the new siding all the way up to the roof line.  It makes this part of the house look very big to us.  Can you figure out what the surprise is in this photo?  Well, I can understand if you can't.  Look at the open doorway that leads into the garage.  Look all the way through; see another doorway?  That's our neighbor across the street's doorway!  Pretty red door, don't you think?


And the final surprise for us is in the photo below of the nut shells that D found in the back yard.  It won't mean much to you, but D and I think they are from the butternut tree his dad gave him to plant several years ago.  If we are right (and there are no other nut trees around), this is the first year the butternut has borne fruit.  Quite special as the tree is not only a gift from his dad; it is also a memory of having to shell these nuts (very, very hard to do)  when he was young and worked on a local estate in his hometown (part of the Butternut Valley).  


I will leave you for a while with these pleasant surprises as we will be without access to our computer for a while.  Hope your surprises are fun, too!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see anything unusual in the top photo. Maybe I'm just brain dead right now (ok - always but let's be nice!) Funny how close your neighbor's red door looks to your house. and look at that wonderful set of windows on the top of the garage! Heaven awaits inside there!!

    ReplyDelete