Sunday, September 1, 2013

Visit from Grandson

What a busy weekend we spent with our grandson!  He's quite a fine youngster who hasn't yet achieved double digits in age but has moments of maturity that are surprising to me.  I realize that children are never all mature or all childish or all everything, but one forgets exactly how it was when raising one's own child.  

Remember the downpour we had on Saturday?  The three of us came out of the movie theater (where we saw and enjoyed Planes) to discover the rain was really coming down.  We got back home and began to settle in when I discovered water on the floor near the garage door.  The builder had told us that might happen so at first I didn't think too much of it.  Then D discovered water in the basement; that began to alarm me.  When he came back upstairs from his inspection, he discovered the water wasn't coming in from under the door as expected.  It was coming in from above.

Having no roof on the garage had opened more possibilities for the rain to enter, and in the amount we had Saturday, it did just that.  Of course, we called our builder who told us to throw down towels until he got there and he would take care of the problem.  Naturally, I had already gotten out some towels, but in our major get-rid-of-unnecessary-stuff exercise before the construction began, I had given most of our old towels to charitable organizations.  Sigh and oh well.  Towels of all types, sizes, and conditions were down on the floor.

The builder came, examined, and took care of things with glue, hammer, and other builderly tools.

Here's my point.  During all the frenzy, all the commotion, all the running around, all the phone calls and discussions, our grandson sat quietly in the family room out of the way playing on his I-Pad.  When I complimented him afterwards on letting us do what had to be done, he looked at me and said, "I knew you were busy."

Whew, what a mensch!

And before I get in trouble for neglecting to give you a photo update, here's a view from the back of the garage with studio above.  Take a look at the size of this window!


And then the awning windows on the side.  


By the way, g'son was back to normal that night after supper, and whomped us with much glee at several games of Uno.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are going to have plenty of light even if the sun decides to hide behind a cloud for a while!! It's going to be wonderful and I'm so happy that D is doing this for you. You deserve it and I just know that room will get plenty of use!!

    ReplyDelete