Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Changes

Since it is December and will shortly officially be winter, I felt a need to change my blog's appearance again. Having been unable to figure out how to use any of my own photographs the way I want to or make this blog an expression of either my subject matter or a reflection of other things that matter, I need to make it more personal by changing the look every so often - sort of like changing the curtains from time to time if you can't choose the color of the paint.  The changes to this blog are subject to my whim, the season, ennui, or philosophical ponderings (and if you believe all that, you haven't been reading this blog very long!).  

Earlier in the day, ME commented on the new appearance by commenting that it felt like winter.  Looking at the design, I had to agree with her; so I changed it again.  I'm not quite ready for a true winter look.  The current one while still feeling cold has that tinge of sunrise pink in it and early sun yellow.  I capitalized on that warmth where I could and now feel I've put my own stamp on it.

Just an explanation of why the blog changes so frequently.

Work on grandson's quilt is continuing successfully.  There are more than enough 17" blocks ready and waiting (and probably several to be used as part of the backing) as well as 8½" blocks to fit in where needed.  The center medallion is underway - well, I traced all the applique pieces onto Steam-A-Seam and so consider that a start.  

There will be photos at some point, but I've also accepted the fact that entries will be sporadic this month due to meetings, classes, appointments, and other projects to be finished.  I may not write my usual 5 days a week but will try to write as many as possible.

Good luck with all your plans and remember to take time for yourself, too!  

1 comment:

  1. love the new look. Could be a spring morning - and I'll keep that in mind. December is a busy month. Don't fret about blog postings. Bet we'll all be here when Dec. 26th comes and we'll be expecting lots of news then!! :-)

    ReplyDelete