Sunday, December 15, 2013

Progress to Date

Small gifts are ready and some are even wrapped.  Since I realized that there is no way I can get G'son's quilt finished for Christmas, a great load had lifted from my shoulders.  Oddly enough, I feel that I can proceed more quickly with it now.  Here's where that project stands:


This is the center medallion for his quilt.  It is from McKenna Ryan's "The Nerdles" (her name for the turtles, I guess).  Some of the elements that she designed for the wall hanging would be too difficult to sew down securely enough for a young boy's curious fingers.  Instead I have put in some seaweed (some of which will be pruned).  Each plate on each turtle's back has to be sewn all the way around individually which isn't difficult, just time-consuming.  While I am very happy with the fabrics I chose for them, I won't be really satisfied until I give them eyes.

How are you doing with your projects?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful and I do love your choice of fabrics! Relax and have fun with this quilt. He's going to love it whenever he gets it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design. The turtles seem to glide through the water--so beautifully realized with your choice of fabrics. I think it's a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete