Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Amazing Sighting

E asked me today why I haven't been writing, and I had to admit nothing was happening of interest.  That is the truth.  I have been spending my days unpacking bins of kitchen goods and finding places to put the things I pull out.  That may sound easy, but I find I put something in a cabinet only to decide two or three times that the items should be elsewhere.  The funny thing is that for many of those things I am trying to put them at least close to the place they have been for the last 35 years so we have some hope of finding them.  I don't mind doing this, but it does take quite a while to accomplish and isn't very interesting for anyone else.

When I'm not doing that, I am trying to tidy the rooms that have been the storage sites for kitchen appliances and cupboard contents as well as clean off the 5 inches of construction dust, grime, grit, sawdust, etc.  Every single surface has to be dusted, washed, or vacuumed.  Again, although I am not a person who ordinarily enjoys cleaning, I don't mind doing it because the results are so satisfying.  However, another tedious chore not worth writing about.

But today something exciting did happen.  ME and I took a drive to one of our favorite quilt stores where we managed to limit ourselves to purchasing fabrics for the specific projects that are high on our "to do" list.  On the way back, I saw a bald eagle perched in a try beside the river!  This is only the second one I have ever seen in the wild.  Believe me, I think ME is going to lose her hearing as a result of my excited cries.  Poor woman.  I know I startled her when I started yelling.  Of course there was no way I could get a photograph of the bird, but it was a very special treat for the day.

Having no photos of the eagle, I'll share my most recent cardinal pictures.  These were taken from my studio - I was struck by the sunlight on the cardinal's breast as he so obligingly perched in the sunshine for me.


This is the cropped version so you can appreciate his spectacular color.


And in this shot you also get a view of the damage being done to the blue spruces trees by the virus, blight, or whatever it is that is slowly killing them all.  Such a shame . . . but the bird is a sight to see, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment