After a walk which at one point turned into a run (we saw the garbage truck - four to five hours early coming down the street, and we hadn't put our bins out yet), we took care of errands and had lunch. D then got caught up on computer work while worked in the studio.
But I did get to painting practice today. It is silly of me to call these "wash" studies because I haven't really been using much in the way of large watery paint areas - or washes. My studies are too small to do much more than work with a few watery puddles. Anyway - today's work:
Not what I was hoping for, but I realize that I learned a few very good lessons. Here a just two of them. First, as Sharon told me, it really isn't wise to use pieces of watercolor paper that have already been used so I wind up using the wrong side of the paper (yes, there is a significant difference), nor is it wise to use inferior paper. I made both mistakes. Because of that, there is no light in my final study; it was like working on drawing paper. Oh well. Tomorrow I'll cut up a piece of my good paper; that's hard for me to do!
Second, because I started the roof with alizarin crimson, the copper beeches ( left side and right top) aren't going to work. The roof is too warm especially if I'm going to include copper beeches and maybe even if I don't put that kind of tree in.
I'll have to think about that.