Monday, May 4, 2015

Words to Live By

At Quilt Camp, Maria brought in "Words to Live By" to work on.  This wool and fabric quilt came as a kit that was sold locally and was very, very popular.  I think Maria's is only the second one that I have seen completed.  In the spirit of full disclosure I have to admit that I, too, purchased the kit but haven't even begun work on it.  I began by changing the backgrounds, collecting some different colors for the flowers, birds and other motifs (but not all of them!), and wondering what phrases could replace the ones in the pattern.  In short, I shouldn't have purchased the kit!

Okay, that's the odd kick in my gallop which does NOT affect my pleasure in Maria's quilt or appreciation of the beauty of this quilt.  See what you think:


Maria, this is gorgeous and the work you have done is superb!


1 comment:

  1. this is the only quilt I took of photo of, too. Guess it's time we get started, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete