Monday, September 19, 2016

Excuses or "Going Dark"

I have to apologize for not writing as often as I should.  We are still in a state of moderate chaos (the "moderate" is new and better), we have an exciting family reunion pending, and I have three quilts to  ready for submission at the end of this month for a quilt show.

Here is the "Improvisation" about midway through the creative process - in other words, while I was trying to figure out if it were finished.


And here it is with the front finished.  I have yet to stitch the hanging sleeve and the label on the back.


For those reasons, I am "going dark" (which makes all of this sound far more intriguing than it really is) probably until after the submission of the three quilts (if adequately finished).

2 comments:

  1. For anyone else reading this, I saw this quilt in person and it is beautiful !!!! Keep going, Noel !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marvel at the transformation of the first unfinished image of the quilt to the finished stage ready for hanging. I couldn't tell from the first image what you planned to do to bring the quilt to completion. It's magic.

    ReplyDelete