Thursday, November 16, 2017

Stash Purging Brilliance!

Just in case you were wondering, nothing was omitted from yesterday's entry even though it looked like it.  I had tried to do something (insert a text box) that I used to be able to do but no longer can.  Not only couldn't I do what I wanted to do, but I also could not un-do what happened when I tried!

Anyway, today I solved one of the problems I talked about yesterday.  This has to do with trying to decide how to give away/sell some fabrics in my stash that still call to me even though I don't make the same kinds of quilts I used to in which those fabrics would work well.  Actually, the solution came to me as I was drifting off to sleep last night.

It's so easy!  Remember the fabric that I said had such glorious color and would look good even when cut up?  I had three yards of it; I cut off a half-yard piece to put back in my stash.  That still leaves a respectably sized piece to make someone else very happy, and a small piece to put back in the stash for color infusion when needed.  

I feel brilliant!

Never mind how many years it has taken me to come up with this idea!

1 comment: