Thursday, November 30, 2017

What was Lost, Wasn't!

Nothing remarkable about today.  I ran errands that will enable me to finish a small quilt.  But when I got home, I managed to find a dozen different things that "needed" doing (not a one really did).  I caught myself wandering away from almost everything I put my hand to, but once I caught myself I decided to make some conscious decisions.  And I did!

Because I clearly wasn't in the mood or frame of mind or whatever to accomplish what ordinarily would be a no brainer, I did other things that while not urgent were important to do.  I purchased gifts for three of five "greats" and a brother and his wife.  In doing that I identified a possible thank-you gift for a friend (have to consult with D first).  One or two other gifts were either identified or purchased, too.  I'm not big on scouting through malls or stores when I don't have something specific in mind, but scrolling through the computer?  Well, that's easy - especially on the feet!

Then I turned my attention to the issue of Christmas cards.  For over ten years, I have made our cards using my photographs or paintings. D and I have already discussed what will be this year's card, but I thought I would check out what it would cost to have them printed for us.  It would make it easier for me, but it would also take away the obvious home-produced look and feel which I do like.  Anyway, I now have options.

Until I started writing this I hadn't realized that what I thought was a lost day wasn't lost at all. 

But I'd better get to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. not a lost day at all. I need a day to get organized for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete