Sunday, December 10, 2017

A Special Weekend

My good friend and I took part in another Quilt Camp this past weekend, and again, I can't show any photos (even if I had taken any!) as most of us were working on secret projects for family members and/or friends.  During this time of year it is a real bonus to be able to leave our homes to go elsewhere to sew.

We were at a favorite local quilt shop, Log Cabin, where we are treated like queens and good friends.  For example, the food is very plentiful and beyond delicious, the rooms in which we sew are quite comfortable have the most important things for quilters (decent light, room to cut, ironing boards with good irons, waste baskets, and quick access to coffee and bathrooms).  We are in the company of others who share our passion, are willing to stop their work to offer advice, and encourage when one needs it.

Here's a good example of the benefits of working with others who share the passion.  Everyone makes mistake at one time or another, and I made an all-day-long mistake.  On the first day, for my current project I sewed one block and set it where I could easily see it to use a pattern for the rest of the blocks.  I sewed all day long and by evening had all my remaining blocks complete.  With the time I still had before going home I began to sew the blocks together.  That's when the sky fell on me.  

The first block (the one I used as a model for the day) was sewn incorrectly so every single one after that was also wrong!  You know what happened?  The owner of the shop came in and started un-sewing so I could get back on track faster!  

Now how special is that!

2 comments:

  1. That extended weekend couldn't have been better.
    The best friends, great food, and a shop owner who couldn't be more helpful and knowledgeable - and also now a good friend! And when that quilt is finally done, it's going to be totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quilts are SO wonderful, priceless really.

    ReplyDelete