Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Biscotti and More Biscotti and Oops, a COLD!

The day started with the realization that I have indeed caught D's cold.  It isn't anywhere near as bad as his is, but it's a cold none the less.  Bummer!

Oh well, I was able to mix up and bake two more batches of the biscotti for the holiday party at painting.  The weather blessed me with an extra week as painting was canceled today due to snow.  Now I have four batches of biscotti which is enough to give everyone a goodly number to enjoy.

After the biscotti were finished baking and even though I felt weary, I pushed on and packed up the fall and Thanksgiving decorations that have been sitting on the dining room table for a week now.  Admittedly, I was late taking it all down to begin with, but the delay in packing it really made me feel behind the eight ball.  And you know what?  The dining room still looks awful!  The huge bin of decorations is on the dining room table; it does look neater than the pile of stuff but . . .  There is also the matter of the cooling racks of biscotti (dense with dried fruit, nuts, and white chocolate) which won't be put away tomorrow.

Then I pulled out some of our Christmas decorations and spread them throughout the downstairs- except for the dining room, of course.  By that time, I was truly feeling tired so Christmas items that live in heavier bins won't be moved and opened until D is home to do some of the heavy work.  

The highlight of my day was pulling out my first Christmas quilt made in 2007, the one with antique Christmas postcard fabric.  It's a still a favorite among all the wall hangings I've made so far.  I'd only been quilting one year, and I designed something of my own by adding those directional borders (including trying techniques I knew nothing about).  So now it is hanging in our bedroom this year where we can enjoy it again. 


Some of you have seen this already and maybe wondering why I'm showing it again.  Here's the thing, I have a quilter friend, KR, who rotates her quilts.  That way both she and her family have a chance to become reacquainted with all the lovelies she has made.  Because of our renovations, we no longer have as many places to hang my quilts, but we do have some room.  It's time for me to take a page from my friend's book because not only is it enjoyable, it also sparks new ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I have loved that quilt for a long time. Glad to see that you'll be enjoying the quilt and the memories again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo hoo !!!!!!!!!!! nothing like a new "old" quilt to bring a smile and goodtimes to mind!!
    its time for me to find my stash of Christmas quilts, got 2--others are missing yet........

    ReplyDelete