Monday, December 11, 2017

Snow and Biscotti

Well, it looks as though we may really get some significant snow tomorrow, and it may be my fault.  You see, tomorrow is supposed to be the holiday party for our painting group, and since (as you know from reading yesterday's blog) I was away from home for most of the last three days, I spent today doing laundry AND baking.  

That's right, I was baking like mad to make sure I would have the biscotti I had promised for the party.  It wasn't until I was on my second batch that I took the time to check my email.  Ok, I wanted a break.  Anyway, that's when I found out that our painting class (and therefore, our party) has been canceled due to the pending storm.  It was the first I had heard about it.

You'll think I'm terrible, but I breathed a sigh of relief.  If I didn't get the third batch baked, the world wouldn't beat a path to my door in order to lodge a complaint.  Then I thought, darn it! We always have fun when we get together, and I already had two batches baked . . .

I admit I didn't even start the third batch.  There will be time enough for that tomorrow, and biscotti improve with age.

1 comment: