Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back from Vacation

Here's one of the many photos I've taken of loons on the lake.  It's not as close as some, but I really like the serenity evident in this shot; a solitary loon, ripples in the water . . .  If I close my eyes, I can almost hear the waves on the rocks, see the mountains that surround the lake, and feel the breeze on my face.  It's such a lovely place!

This year we had good weather the week we were away so we were able to swim, hike, read, sew, and yes, that includes working on the Project.  Today I can finally say that it is completely finished.  Yeah!  But, as is so often the case, there is a problem.  I tried to photograph the quilt top today, but no matter what I tried, I wasn't satisfied with the photos.  The problem is getting the details without using flash or our overhead lights.  Both of those light sources wash out the entire piece.  The ambient light makes for a good photo but not good enough (details lack clarity).  Luckily, we have a very good friend who might as well be a professional photographer (he's that good).  I e-mailed Brian, and he has promised to come over tomorrow with his camera and strobes to help me out.

Aren't I lucky to have such a host of good friends!

Tuesday is the deadline for submissions, and I plan to let you all know when I've made that official deadline.  When I do, I'm also going to ask you to send me any questions about what I've done that I haven't been able to talk about.

Here's another photo.  This is a shot of a family of mergansers swimming past a buoy.

May your day pass swimmingly (sorry, I couldn't resist)!

No comments:

Post a Comment