Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today's the Day

Hooray, today's the day the latest quilts in the McCall's Quilt Design Star Contest will be posted and will be ready for the voting to begin!  And now begins the long wait for the voting to end and results to be announced. 

The nice thing about this period in the contest is the free time.  Now I have time to read more, visit with friends, putter around the house (maybe even get some things better organized), play in the garden, and in general, be free from pressure.  Here's the thing I wonder.  How do contestants who are still working do it?  It's one thing for me to impose the necessary discipline on myself to work as one needs to in order to continue in this contest.  It's quite another thing for those who already have the pressure of a work day to add another level of stress.  I admire them for their work ethic!

Today I am going out to ramble around with Mary Ellen - another benefit of this free time.  I'll also be able to return the perle cotton she lent me to use in my project.  We're going to go off to a local quilt shop (what a surprise!) so she can look for some specific fabric.  Me?  Oh, I probably won't buy any fabric at all.  Yeah, right.  Ask me when we return whether I bought anything.

Tomorrow, I'm going to write about yesterday's visit with my nephew Jonathan and his son Nicholas.  That was a real treat that deserves an entry all to itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment