Tuesday, August 2, 2011

End in Sight

Since I couldn't sleep last night, I stayed up and wrote the rationale for this quilt top.  It's a little too long so I hope David can help me edit it to a manageable length.  But here's the great news; today the machine sewing will be finished!  The project will go with me to Vermont for the embellishment, but to me, that's a piece of cake. 

Karen, I hope you read this blog because I want you to know how much your comments and e-mails of encouragement have helped buoy both my confidence and my spirits these past two weeks.  And it's a good thing you do that because you are responsible for planting my feet firmly on this quilting path!  People who take classes from you (and Mardi and Patty!) had better sign a waiver saying that they understand you are their guide to a different world ruled by the Goddess of fabrics, sewing machines, and all things quilting.  They will, as I did, be entering a world of beauty and passion which will hold them captive forever.
Remember these lines from Coleridge's Kubla Khan?

          Beware! Beware! His flashing eyes, his floating hair.
          Weave a circle around him thrice and shut your eyes with holy dread 
          because he on honey dew hath fed, and drunk the milk of paradise.

Well, Coleridge just hadn't met the ladies of Flying Geese!

1 comment:

  1. oh tish tosh...of course I'm reading and commenting. And right now I'm blushing. It has been my greatest joy to know that I had a small part in making sure you entered the world of quilting and stayed there. Seriously, there was no doubt in my mind that you'd take this journey to a different level, it was completely obvious from the minute you fussy cut that fish from those darn (oh sorry! those lovely.....) Asian fabrics to become the center of a nine patch. You have something special within you. It is no surprise to me that you've come this far.
    Keep going my friend....all the way. I'll be standing there right on the sidelines and cheering all the way.

    ReplyDelete