Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ta-Da!

Yesterday I completed the machine work on the project.  All that is left is the embellishment hand work.  I am relieved; there's always a fear that one won't meet a deadline even if it is self imposed.  Fortunately the quilt top is the size of a painting and required only two weeks and one day of sewing.  For that I have the powers that be at McCalls to thank.  If one had to make a full sized bed quilt in the time we are given, it would seriously impact the type of work that could be done.

Now I go through my usual it-isn't-very-good routine.  After working so hard on an idea that I liked, the finished product never measures up to what I envisioned.  So I'm always disappointed at the end.  Even if people tell me they like it, my tendency is to think they're merely being kind.  What I try to do now is tell myself I've done the best I can do and hope it will be enough.  I wonder if most people go through this?

When the ban against discussing the specifics of this Challenge is lifted, there are several things I'd like to write about, but for now that's about it except for the occasional word or two about the project.  

If you are working on a project, I send you my deeply felt wishes for personal satisfaction and success!   

1 comment:

  1. Like most of us,it is normal to second guess our work- especially if it is something we've designed. Even when working on a pattern- I know that I have a "concept", a vision of it in my head. 9 times out of 10 it never measures up! All we can hope is that the fact that we've done our best rings true and in the long run the piece grows on us. With you, my dear, I have no doubts at all that this will be another stunner. Can't wait til you can discuss the ins and outs of this latest design, and to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete