Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Painting - Boathouse

Voting day is over.  D and I have just returned from the polls, and since I delivered him to the polls at 5:15 a.m., we are both quite tired.  The good news is that it was a very busy day with an exceptionally good turnout of voters.
 
For me it was also a successful day because I began a new painting.  This is another one of the lake from a photograph I took in the pre-digital days.  The subject is a boathouse that is built out over the lake on a footing of cement (no longer allowed!) and natural stone.  It presents several challenges for me, not the least of which is the very subdued palette.  View this photo of the painting as an initial sketch that just happens to be in oils.


My job will be to tweak the perspective which is close but not completely accurate and also to make that perspective believable to the viewer.
 
I think it will be fun watching how this painting progresses.
 
Well, it will be fun for me, at least!

2 comments:

  1. I like your palettes. We no I am the boring color queen. Love the subject of your brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really pretty and I'm going to enjoy watching it evolve into the finished product!

    ReplyDelete