Monday, November 5, 2012

Voting Day

By the time you read this, I hope you will all have gone to the polls and have cast your ballot.  If you haven't been able to yet, be sure to get there!
 
D and I have been spending a lot of time getting ready for tomorrow.  He has to be there around 5:30 a.m. to work the polls, and I have to be up to get him there so I can have the car for the rest of the day.  That full day means that he spent a lot of today doing what he won't be able to do here tomorrow. 
 
After grocery shopping, I spent my time baking a Reuben loaf (bread on the outside with corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on the inside) and an apple crisp for D to take to share.  The group with whom he works is a congenial one and they all have something with them to share.  It's such a long day and they have to be so focused, that it's important to have good food to eat on the quick breaks they allow themselves. 
 
Of course, I won't be able to vote when I drop him off, so I will stop in after painting and crazy quilt classes.  You can be sure I'll cast my vote so I'll have the right to complain if I want to later in the year. 
 
You know how it is; if you don't vote, you can't cast any blame or take any credit, and where's the fun in that?

1 comment:

  1. Jerry and I will vote together when he comes home. I want the right to complain wildly or say HURRAY for the next four years. Enjoy the rest of your day. I was soundly sleeping at 5:30 - but thanks for those who are up and ready for the early voters!!

    ReplyDelete