Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Work Day

No photos or interesting discussions of creative doings today.  It was a work day at the Payton household. 
 
Yesterday we started the clean up for the winter in the back yard, and today we continued it.  I thought (foolish me!) that we would be able to get the rest of the yard and the gardens finished, but that was not to be.  Because of the hectic nature of our lives these past six months (wow), I not only did not plant any annuals in the spring, but I also did not cut down any spent blooms, withered stalks, or desiccated leaves in the fall.  I had do take care of that task before I could rake the fallen leaves out of the garden (where they were cheerfully congregating).  And, of course, that task was made more difficult because the leaves were gleefully hiding most of the plants.  It was sort of a which to take care of first - the chicken (plants) or the eggs (leaves)?
 
After two hours of work, I had finished taking care of the old plant material and had raked out half of the garden.  It was lunch time so I called it quits.  D had lunch with me, but then he went back out until four o'clock!  Don't even ask what he did because I'm not sure.  Let me just say that he is particular about preparing the yard for spring or for winter or for Wednesday or four o'clock.  He likes being outside. 
 
While he was continuing the outside chores, I spent the rest of my afternoon doing laundry that hadn't gotten done on Monday, picking up and trying to find places for some of the things we brought back from Dad's house, and washing/dusting some of the decorative items already here.
 
Not a lot of fun perhaps but a very satisfying day none the less.
 
Now about those bindings that need sewing on . . . . 

1 comment:

  1. You know, thosde bindings can be done when it's raining, or dark outside. But when you have a chance to clean up the yard - take it cause you never know when the snow is going to pile up and you won't see anything until spring!

    Have a great day today!!

    ReplyDelete