Thursday, January 17, 2013

Daily Inconsequentials

Thank you for your kind words on "Boathouse".  By now I think everyone is so tired of it that no one dared say something particular needed attention.  Before the weekend is over I hope to begin work on another painting.  This one I plan to start differently; I'll experiment with a new-to-me technique.  I may show you the start, but then I plan not to give you my weekly report on the painting.  I think you may be suffering from over-exposure. Certainly "Boathouse" took a very long time, and you probably got to the point where you were being asked to look at infinitesimal advances.  So since both my Crazy Quilt block and my wool work are starting up again, I may switch to being tedious about those activities.
 
There's really nothing to report today.  After my hair cut this morning, I spent most of my time working about the house.  I prepared a little for a class that I'm taking Monday which I really should not take at all.  I seem to be sliding back into taking class after class without having time to complete the projects.  The one on Monday is an art quilt class that features some techniques I want to learn which is why I signed up for it.  Ah well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
 
The rest of the day was spent cutting fabrics which gave me a chance to think about my next hand-piecing project.  I now have the fabric choices made and an idea for the applique block, but I haven't sketched that yet.  It needs a little more time to "cook" in my brain.
 
Tonight I couldn't find anything on television to watch, my book didn't interest me, and I wasn't in the right frame of mind for hand work.  So I worked on a jigsaw puzzle.  How's that for avoidance?
 
I hope your day was both more enjoyable and productive!

2 comments:

  1. Today, begin Saturday, Dave and I went to the Bruce Museum in Ct. I expected it to be a much larger art museum, but what we did see was wonderful. I know you would have appreciated it. One exhibit focused on original illustrations for children's books with the theme of snow. It was wonderful. Each so different, yet so original. They also had an original watercolor-collage for Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. This week in art class we worked on painting cake(s) and turning the painting into a collage with interesting patterned paper. Lots of fun! I think I would like to try more collages. You would think it faster than painting, but there are so many choices and options one can get bogged down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the book by Keats; I had it in my classroom for many reasons, but especially for the illustrations. I hope you'll save and show us your collages this summer!

      Delete