Friday, January 25, 2013

Ice Crystals

We've all been muttering about the cold, and I don't want to seem like a Pollyanna, but when I returned from getting the mail the other day, I found something quite beautiful.  I had walked through the garage and glanced out the back door.  I didn't see the view because my attention was riveted by the ice crystals that had formed on the glass panes.  Think embroidery or quilting (or any other kind of work you do) as you scroll through these photos.
 
What's outside and what's on the inside?

First

Second

Third

View through the window.  I allowed the camera to focus on the arbor.  In so doing the rime on the window made the view appear to have soft edges.

In this one, I focused on the frost.  It didn't work quite as well, but you can see that this is the so-called "first" window pane.  I think.

Fourth
 
Beautiful, aren't they?  And they don't last long so I'm glad I took these as soon as I noticed them. 
 


2 comments:

  1. It's good to find beauty even in the most daunting conditions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. They make winter look good. And the photo with the arbor with soft edges, that's really my favorite!

    ReplyDelete