Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilt Pattern Search

One of the last things I need is another pattern (like fabric, I've rarely met a pattern I didn't like), but I really am looking for a specific pattern.  When D and I went to the quilt show in Gilbertsville last year, we saw several variations of a pattern that used a screen setting.  In looking at the wall hangings , one felt as though one were looking at a version of the old room divider screens.
 
Below is a pattern "Dragon Screen Quilt" I found on Hoffman's Fabrics, and while not exactly what I saw last year, this one is close.  By the way, this pattern hasn't been published yet which is another problem. 

Dragon Screen quilt

In contrast to this pattern, the quilt I saw had only three panels, one wide one in each row, and the quilt itself was wider than it was long. I know I could figure it out, but it would be easier to adapt a pattern than to figure the math out myself.   And you know me and math!
 
This is a gorgeous rendition of a screen though, isn't it?  Just look at these fabrics - lovely juxtaposition of swirling dragons, small geometrics, and larger floral shapes.  There are others mixed in, too, but they are harder to figure out and I haven't seen these fabrics in shops, yet.  The fabric I want to use is more of a panel that would be divided into the three parts of the screen.  The colors are very striking and very much in keeping with today's palatte.
 
Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone has such a pattern and would be willing to tell me the name of it and the maker?  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't a clue but will keep my eyes open. The quilt above is really pretty. I hope you find it!

    ReplyDelete