Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday's Sewing

Warned you that today would be about the sewing I did on Sunday.  Well, I may not have specified sewing, but you probably knew anyway.  ME and I went to one of the local quilt shops (JQ) for a Super Bowl sew-in.   There were far more sewers than I anticipated, but it all worked, of course.  After all, these are quilters I'm talking about.  The only downside was that I didn't get a chance to talk with some friends that were seated in an out of the way place (Hi, Pam and Mary!).  That was more my fault than anything else because I "got my mojo back" and spent my time industriously sewing.
 
After Sunday, I really feel that I have passed through the Valley of Post-Holiday Distress and Meh-Feeling.  Here's why I think that way:

 
I managed to make seven and a half blocks before it was time to pack up and go home, yeah!!!  The half block was my brain telling me it was time to pack it in because I made a mistake and sewed the star points to the wrong color.  Definitely time to quit.  
 
This is a Kim Diehl pattern that ME and I are both making (I altered the weight of the churn dash as I prefer this version).  ME and I chose the fabrics to use but not how they would be used so our color combinations will be different.  For every block I make, I sew an identical second block to give to ME.  Theoretically, we'll each have enough blocks for a bed-sized quilt faster, and the color combinations will make the quilt more interesting.  We are calling it our Girlfriend Quilt.  She makes half of mine, and I make half of hers.
 
We will each do our own version of the applique block that is the centerpiece of this quilt.  I may be ahead on the churn dash blocks, but ME will finish the applique before I will have even designed mine! 
 
We switched places in the "nothing's working for me today" phase yesterday.  While I sewed, ME socialized.  It happens that way for all of us sometimes.  I just hope that it doesn't last for her as it did for me.  Maybe tomorrow's Crazy Quilt Class will help her get her groove back.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you did get a lot done and my quilt is coming along nicely thanks to you. One of these days I will find my mojo and get caught up on the blocks. I sure hope it's soon!!!

    And crazy quilt class - can we say I'm looking forward to it and have no idea what's in my bag since I haven't looked at it in ages!!

    See ya later, ME

    ReplyDelete