Thursday, August 29, 2013

Construction Day 4

Before I begin prattling on about the construction, here's a pretty for you:




Now here is today's update on the construction.  First they laid down the sub-floor -


These pictures were taken from the garage looking up. The balance these men have developed over time is enviable.  Imagine struggling with wood this size while standing on almost-air!


Now this is what I call a glue gun, and I was quite happy that his hand was steady so none dripped down on me or my camera.   He did tell me it was nasty stuff and sticks like a son-of-a-gun forever.  


Here is the last bit of daylight I will see through my garage. At this point, they're almost finished with this part.  After taking this shot, I went out to lunch with a friend and missed some excitement - the trusses arrived while I was out.  Darn!


But here's what it looks like at the end of today's work.  The original "end" of the second floor is on the far right with some siding still on and visible, the top part over the door of the garage is the dark wood that stretches across the bottom of the photograph, and the front wall of my studio is above that.  The opening in the middle with a workman's sweatshirt and green power cord hanging out is where my front window will be. 

I'm going to have a lot of light!

1 comment:

  1. the flowers are beautiful -- but even more beautiful is the size of that window! WOW !! You're going to have plenty of light to paint and to sew -- and to have friends help you sew! Beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete