Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Courage from Supportive Friends

A huge thank you to all of you who responded to yesterday's blog.  You were understanding, supportive, and encouraging.  Wow!  You gave me the courage to start acting on my decision.  

I started a new painting, but I haven't had time to take a picture.  It's a painting which based on a photograph which evokes strong memories for me, but a painting which I hope will allow a viewer to supply their own memory/story/interpretation.  As I was working on it, I realized that it will be easier - perhaps - to take this new direction in painting than in quilting.  But even there I made some inroads today.

While I have patterns that I am committed to make, I can change patterns even if only in very simple, superficial ways.  Today's alteration?  I bisected a rectangle of fabric (color A) with a sinuous curved line, took another fabric (color B) and cut the same line, then sewed the two edges together creating rectangle AB.  Finally I added another piece of A to the rectangle.  Basically it looks like a rectangle of A with a slender curving river of B meandering through it.  [Wait.  Did I just write a math problem - rectangle AB???]

Doing both painting and sewing made me very happy.   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment