Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quiet Day

Had a very nice breakfast at a local diner with two of my friendship group this morning.  Then went to a quilt shop where I successfully filled out the needed fabrics for a quilt that's been bouncing around in my mind.  When will I start it?  Well, that's always the question, isn't it?

There are more quilts waiting to be started, continued, and finished than there are hours in a day, and more keep springing up in my head.  This is something I don't really worry about although maybe I should.  I just think that I am lucky to have so many creative possibilities hanging around waiting for attention.  It means I have choices.

Is it the same with my painting?  Close, but not as many projects crowding my brain.  Does it disturb me?  No.  I'm still trying to master the how-to part of painting, and I've been sewing for almost my entire life.  That makes a big difference.  I know that's pretty obvious; it's just easier to create when the how-to doesn't get in the way.  More practice is needed in this area, that's for sure!

Funny.  When I started this entry, I thought I was going to apologize - again - for no photos because it was a quiet day without much that was notable going on.  Instead I wind up discovering something through the writing that I haven't articulated before, something that explains why painting, which has been a dream for so long, has seemingly taken a back seat to sewing.  No back seat about it; I'm simply at a different point in the process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment