Monday, September 15, 2014

Not Quite a Landscape

Several days ago, I talked about how I want my quilting and my painting to move on from where is it now to where I want it to go next.  Soon after that I began a new painting that I mentioned in an entry on September 10th.  There was no photo to show you at that time, and I didn't have the opportunity to paint again until today.


This is the painting today.  Watercolor as you can see and the lake.  Even though far from finished, you can tell it isn't my usual landscape.  The focus isn't on dramatic scenery.   I'll probably have to paint it several more times before it will be as I want it to be.  Some things need to be sharpened and others - well, less focused.  At the moment, though, that doesn't matter to me.

With this painting, I am trying to let the water work for me (that is, the water one uses on the paper not the water in the lake!), and I am trying to be looser.  

The other thing I hope will happen is that the viewer will discover the story - if there is one - in this painting for herself.  
  

1 comment: