Thursday, February 5, 2015

Decisions Made, I Think

Okay, so I procrastinate because I'm afraid.  So what do I do with that information?  Get on with it, woman!

Today I finished quilting (badly) a quilt that I am making (for those who follow FaceBook it's the one Sue Pritt took a picture of me holding).  Tomorrow I will machine stitch the binding, and that quilt will be finished.  

And then?  Then I will take out the southwest quilt I designed the second year after I retired.  Do I have other more recent quilt designs to work on?  Yes, but this one is really calling, crying out to me and has been for a while now.  It started out as a very simple landscape that has over the past year become something far more. My last quilt, the hexagonal one, is responsible for some of that, and my brain for the rest of it.  

While I work on this new quilt, I will continue to paint and knit.  I will live my life as usual except with a bit more focus.  I've always done better when I have a list of things to do each day, and I may begin this project the same way.  It helps me juggle activities, keeps my "eye on the prize", and makes me happy each time I cross something off.

Now I know about that fear, I will face it and deal with it as well as I can.


2 comments:

  1. When I responded to your last blog on fear, etc., keeping you from doing the things you want to do, I forgot to add my number one problem: inertia. Whether it's getting up in the morning, leaving the breakfast table, or turning in at night, I spin wheels because I cannot get the traction I need to get me going. Having said that, I worked on a painting today which I call Heimat. It's based on a beautiful photograph given to my parents when they got married of my mother's home in a small village in Germany taken from a distant hill at winter time. I've looked at the photograph a million times. Now that I'm determined to paint it, I have fear that I cannot do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete