Sunday, February 1, 2015

Vermont Quilt Festival Entry Forms

This snowstorm, if it materializes and I suspect it will, poses a problem for all those within its radius.  Tomorrow, February 2, 2015, is the first day quilters can submit their entry forms for the Vermont Quilt Festival.  That show is a non-juried show and entries are selected by the date stamped by the Post Office on the envelopes contained their entry forms.  It's a first come, first serve basis.

I plan to enter this year and had discussed the time I wanted to be up and out to the Post Office with D.  Now I don't know if I'll be able to get there safely tomorrow at all.  It isn't worth risking life and limb - or at least it isn't to me.  I will be disappointed if my work isn't selected due to an act of nature, but far worse things could befall me.

To my friends who also plan to enter, I wish you good luck and, as Wordsworth said, " . . . years that bring the philosophic mind."  If our quilts aren't accepted, so be it.  There will be more quilts and more years, and I would rather have the pleasure of your company than lose you to a road accident.

Be safe and warm and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment