Writing a list really helps me get things done. Except when I lose the list!
Ah well, here's a new list, but this one is of progress made on sundry fronts:
- quilt that was nearly finished now has binding sewn on
- it needs to have binding ends attached, binding turned to other side, and sewn
- art quilt - the Canyon one - drawing has been unearthed, bin of fabrics taken down:
- decisions have to be made if the original drawing will do or if another one needs to be made to fit with the "new" vision I have of it
- knitting: mittens are progressing but it's too attention consuming to carry and work on while out in public
- new "top down" cardigan has been started to fulfill that need
- black cardigan has been worn (I'm wearing it now), and I like the buttons a lot!
- hand sewing: I found the missing "ring" so I now have all five again.
- spent time sewing - I'd like to have all blocks made by March, but that may not be possible with all my other activities
- painting: I "finished" the painting I started last Tuesday (quotation marks because Sharon may find some tweaks that need to be made - let's hope they're tweaks only!). Here's the photo I used:
|Painswick, England May 2014|
and the painting:
At one point I was disgusted with the painting and was ready to throw in the towel. I felt I had been too tentative, done too much "dabbing" and that it looked nothing like the photo. Then I thought "what the heck!" It needs to be tossed so if I slapdash at it, what does it matter? And I thought, this is my painting so it doesn't have to be identical to my photograph. I kept on going, I had fun, and I like what I did. So there, Noel!
And that's about it.