Monday, August 1, 2016

Flowers at Long Last

This has not been the summer for flowers.  At least not for us.  We were too busy when it was time to either purchase plants or plant seeds.  The activities we had to see to tended to overwhelm our days and weeks leaving neither time nor energy to think about our outdoor spaces.

Finally the day came when I could stand it no longer.  It didn't happen until last week when D was away, but at least it happened.

I went to our local nursery and bought two pots of flowers.  Since July was gasping its last breath, my purchases were very inexpensive but still lush and beautiful.  I got them home and managed to plant the railing planter on our front porch (which then necessitated washing the porch and the rockers and Clive - our resident clivia).  Then the larger of the two pots I had purchased went into the wooden tub by our front new and improved front steps.

Of course, in the frenzy of planting, I did manage to break off a bloom or two.  I couldn't let them go to waste so I brought them inside where I think they look very pretty in one of my Alice vases:




Nice shadows, too.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same petunias. Quite spectacular when in bloom. Mine ar now fading.

    ReplyDelete