Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Arrival of the Secret Pumpkin

Last Friday David was away at the Middle School Conference in Saratoga, and I was busy doing a number of things in and around the house.  If you remember, I wrote about changing summer clothes for winter ones which entailed numerous trips up and down stairs (Nancy was grinning! her temperature was in the 70's and sunny.  Ah, Florida . . . ).  Despite that one would think that I would still be aware of any strange occurrences, right? 

However, this is the season of magic and mystery.  Leaves swirl in intriguing patterns, birds swoop overhead, woodland creatures prowl, and when you least expect it, the Secret Pumpkin pays a visit.  At some point on Friday, the mysterious Pumpkin left a Halloween treat on our front porch!

Today, I am wondering who could be the S.P.'s messenger?  I have my suspicions . . . a neighbor?  One nearby?  One who shares the common bond of the classroom?  My investigations are not yet complete.

Tomorrow I will show you what was in the bag, and what I have discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment