Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween Flowers

A few days ago when the sun was shining brightly, I wandered out to our garden to cut some more Autumn sedum and some Montauk daisies (the roses from earlier had all dropped their petals) for the house.  Since it was such a nice day, I poked around to see what was going on in the garden. 

When I saw these, I thought, "Oh wow, black flowers.  How cool!"  So thinking they's be perfect for this Halloween season, I cut all I could find and brought them inside.  Aren't they interesting in our camp coffee pot?

I know, I know, it's difficult to tell in this photo.  The flowers are really too small and there are too few of them for the coffee pot, but I liked the contrast of colors.  I don't have any other "vase-y" item that would suit both them and my Halloween theme.


Dried Black-Eyed Susans

Does this photo help?  Yes, they really are black.  Can you guess what they are?  

After the petals have fallen off, this is what is left - the "eye", or center seed making part, of Black-Eyed Susans!

No comments:

Post a Comment