Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Computer Problems

Isn't technology wonderful?  When I think of all the new inventions since I was born, my mind is boggled.  Recently, I watched a video about children using technology in school - with and without teacher approval (and I'm not just talking about cell phone use).  The video's target audience was educators and was intended to be a wake-up! call for some, a reminder for others, and a there is still more you can do for still others.  The video ended with a student holding up a hand lettered sign that read, "I am a digital learner."

Using the computer every day has become a staple in our lives.  We're checking e-mail, the weather, the news and "blogging" (see how it's affected our language, also?).  Now we don't even think about it when we want to find a new place to eat or what movie is showing where, we turn to our computer.  So when computers act up, we feel a sense of impending doom.

Our computer appears to be very ill, perhaps terminally.  If we can find room in our schedules tomorrow (today is too packed), we have to take it to the computer doctor and get a diagnosis.  We feel that, given its age, we may need to purchase a new one - just when I thought we'd stemmed the drain on our financial resources!

We will be floundering for a while, I am sure.  There may not be entries on my blog for a while.  Just think of all the exciting entries I can write while waiting for a new or a repaired computer!  Oh, wait, I won't have anything to write with because who uses pen and paper these days?

I am digitally dependent!

No comments:

Post a Comment