Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Entry Issues and Being on Time

It's been interesting getting used to this new computer.  Sometimes it does things I don't understand (such a surprise).  For example, yesterday I posted my entry and merrily went about my business.  Later I came back and checked the blog only to find my previous entry was featured not yesterday's.  Of course, I didn't check the page very carefully, so I went into the blog-system and re-entered the Monday's entry.  Naturally, because of that I checked the blog once or twice more.  Each time I found the Photograph to Fabric posting.  Finally, I discovered that I only had to click on the correct day, and the entry I wanted was the one I saw.  Wonder why it didn't just show the most recent entry?  I hope none of you had the same problem.

David and I both have the same issue with being on time.  We leave the house extra early for where ever we have to be to avoid being late.  It's our "thing".  So, of course, since I had a class to teach at Log Cabin yesterday, I left the house at 9:00 A.M. in plenty of time to get there and get myself prepared for the class.  However, I had a niggling feeling something wasn't quite right so as I waited in line for the toll booth I checked my calendar.  My class was at 11:00, not at 10:00 as I had thought.  It was only 9:20 and by the time I got to the shop they wouldn't even be open; that was far too early!  What could I do?

Since I had a list of a couple of items I planned to pick up at the store on my way home, I decided to stop on my way to the shop.  I went into the grocery store to buy a specific herbal tea, some sponges for Rebecca (she can't get the kind she likes where she lives), and a lipstick.  Finding the makeup aisle, I looked and looked; my shade wasn't there so I bought another.  Then I found the sponges aisle.  They didn't have the right ones.  It took me a couple of passes around the store before I found the tea.  The particular one I wanted wasn't on the shelf.  I was scoring one out of three.  Not great, and it was still too early!

Books and magazines!  I can always spend time looking at those.  Round and round the store I wandered.  They had to have some; every self-respecting store has a least a few!  Finally, I asked an employee and was directed to the right place (by the plants and flowers but hidden by a lot of boxes).  Sternly I told myself to "look, don't buy" and spend time enjoying several magazines, scanning the book racks, and reading the backs of several books.  Finally, I thought I had wasted enough time so I paid and left the store. 

Arriving at the quilt shop I backed into a parking space (takes more time) and looked at the clock.  It was 9:55.  Fortunately, the front door was open!  I had an hour to get myself prepared, bother the employees and waste their time by chatting to them as they prepared for the day, and found some embroidery floss for my crazy quilt block.  Be honest, Noel!  Okay, I found a lot of silk embroidery floss; it's so lovely to work with!  And some ribbon.  And a smidgen of fabric.  And a few beads.

Wasn't it a shame that I had so much time to spend waiting for my class to begin, and aren't I glad I believe in being on time?

No comments:

Post a Comment