Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Return to Painting

Finally!  Today I found myself able to return to my studio class.  Even though the house is still at sixes and sevens, the work is now centered in the garage instead of in the house.  That means there are no workmen walking around which I found very distracting.  Instead of painting, I wanted to watch and see what they were doing.  

This is a view of the interior of my studio from the doorway taken early this evening.  It will take time to move in, and as you can see, not much has happened yet.  However, you can see a painting on the mini easel on the floor.

 

Do you remember the Autumn Trees water colors I was working on? It seems like such a long time ago, but it was September 4th when I posted the following:


I think I managed to work on this painting maybe once after that picture was taken.  There are two versions of the same scene, but I worked on only one today.  Let's see how it looks.


Of the two paintings, this is the one on the left.  It's hard to tell, but I've begun to work on the tree trunks (see the birch with its distinctive bark on the right?).  Looking at it now, there are things that need to be addressed in addition to completing those trees.

I hope that one more "sitting" will finish this one off, but, oh my, did it feel good to paint again!
  



1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you returned to painting - and I do see that there's a birch tree and one with brown bark. It's good to get back to even just a little of what used to be normal.

    ReplyDelete