Monday, October 21, 2013

North Whately Woods a.k.a.Autumn Woods

This morning I spent most of my time working in our "computer room" moving some of the odds and ends that had landed there during our moving-things-that-are-in-the-way-of-everything-else phase, a.k.a. construction.  Now I sit here knowing that when D is ready, he can move the computer to whichever spot he decides he wants it.  That makes me feel as though I have done something purposeful instead of my frequently aimless "I'll-move-this-here-because-it-will-be-out-of-my-way-for-two-minutes".  

That meant that this afternoon was open for painting.  True, I have my studio class tomorrow, but I hope to be able to move on to another subject even though I am not yet ready to return to oils (once my studio is a bit more settled, I'll feel better about having wet canvases about).  Last week I showed you the water color that as it is close to finished is now called "North Whately Woods" from the location of the scene.  At that point you could barely make out two/three tree trunks and not much else that was new or exciting.  Here it is today -finished, except for the inevitable final tweaking.


As always once I see it on this page, I can pick out all sorts of things that should be changed, but for now I'll just post it.  Of course, if you have comments, feel free to voice them.  Constructive criticism is a good thing.

Enjoy our waning autumn.



2 comments:

  1. So far the only thing that needs to be changed is it needs to be at my house. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the choice of colors. The dark greens in the teep woods make the oranges pop. I also like how you worked the foreground grass. I do have a bit of a problem with the upper reaches of the trees and leaves. The straight lines of the two colors you chose to my eye are too regular. Would love to hear what your teacher suggests.

    ReplyDelete