Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thank-You Note

Here's a huge thank you to ME because of whom my studio is a more comfortable and inviting space. Now when one enters the room, here's what they see:


Yes, I have my wonderful chair thanks to my daughter, but until today that was the only seat in town.  Now, because of ME and her mother (original owner), I have a love seat to offer visitors.  It makes me feel good to know that when D wants to chat, he can come in and sit down instead of having to wander around amid the piles of fabric and art supplies that are waiting for me to discover where they should live.  Then there are my friends.  Thanks to this love seat and odds and ends of chairs in various other rooms, there will be seating for all.

In addition to ME, I also must send a HUGE thank you to her son and her son's friend who provided both the muscle and the know-how in order to get the love seat up a flight of stairs and into my studio.  Did I mention that the love seat opens into a bed?  You know how heavy that makes this unassuming piece of furniture!  So ME, please tell your D and friend J that I thank them for their help.  You'll have to tell me what I owe them and you!





4 comments:

  1. Oh, that little couch/oversized chair never looked so good and inviting. I know mom would want that chair being used by someone who appreciates it - and I intend to appreciate it a lot in its new setting!! Meanwhile, you don't owe the boys a thing. They're good kids. Sometimes they do hide it well - but most of the time they're great kids. J has been around since 5th grade and is my second son. Then there's N who came to the wedding - and I used to call them My Three Sons like the TV show! Oh, and I suppose D can use the chair, too!! (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By deleting my first comment, my second now makes no sense at all. What I meant to say is "Your studio looks so inviting now. I could curl up with a good book and forget all about painting."

    ReplyDelete